[Gluster-devel] ARF self-heal

Danson Michael Joseph danson.joseph at baobabelectric.com
Sat May 12 12:04:05 UTC 2007

Hi Again,

I just read that the CODA filesystem can replicate to multiple servers,
and when a server goes down and comes back up some time after files on
the remaining server have changed, the policy for repair is to repair on
next access.  Now I don't believe that this policy is ideal because if
the second server then fails before a file has been accessed, the file
is not up to date, but it does highlight a possible repair technique
whereby the client does a loopback write for all files with different
timestamps or some other marked difference?

Regards,
Danson