[Gluster-devel] Plans for FreeBSD support?

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Fri May 11 07:14:50 UTC 2007

Francisco,
  We would love to see glusterfs working on freebsd. the fact is that
all our resources are currently filled with the current tasks. We dont
even have a freebsd box with us to start the initial porting work. If
someone is willing to start testing glusterfs on freebsd and report
the issues he/she is facing, we can start fixing those issues as they
come. I believe this is the best approach we have for getting
glusterfs working on freebsd. Since everything works in userspace it
should be pretty easy for this 'contributor'.

thanks,
avati

2007/5/11, Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com>:
> Looking at the archives I see that at one point some work was done with
> FreeBSD.
>
> Don't see in the roadmap plans to go back to FreeBSD.
>
> Anyone has any feedback when FreeBSD may be revisited.. or if it will be
> revisited?

Anand V. Avati