[Gluster-devel] Re: more bugs (was Re: io-threads...)

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Tue May 1 09:18:36 UTC 2007

> I was wondering if you could describe patch-134 a little? I was curious as
> to whether or not it could be related to the stat-prefetch or the NFS
> reexport issues.

this was a bug in afr which could have triggered for anybody who used
AFR and accessed a directory. the functions forming the reply path of
a transaction use function pointers and the afr's opendir reply
callback prototype had an extra member and derefered that pointer
(which is a junk pointer). so far all of us were lucky that the
derefernced pointer happened to point to some allocated memory (though
nothing was altered or used). it is very much possible that this culd
be related to the stat-prefetch. the latest glusterfs codebase now
prints a backtrace of a segfaul in the log as well as dumps a core,
next time if you get a segfault please pass on the core and/or log.
I do not see how nfs rexport can be affected, but you never know if
this could have triggered a side effect somewhere else.

I have done only a very little check with NFS re-export. once 1.3 next
release is done i will do a more thorough check.

regards,
avati

--
ultimate_answer_t