[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Roadmap

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Mar 28 09:00:48 UTC 2007

Hello Anton,

> Firstly I would like to thank you for a great job you do.

thank you for trying glusterfs!

> And could please anyone answer me: according to roadmap
> (http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Roadmap) release 1.3
> had to be finished on 5 march, and 1.4 on 31 march. Altrough if we look
> here: http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/ there is only
> 1.3-pre-2.3. What is outdated: roadmap page or downloads ? And is there
> any reasons for downloading glusterfs from tla (for testing) ?

the roadmap page is outdated. 1.3 is still being tested and there have
been some delays. You would want to download glusterfs from tla as
there are regular bugfixes being committed much more frequently than
pre/releases. we are expecting 1.3-pre3 in a few days.

regards,
avati

--
Shaw's Principle:
        Build a system that even a fool can use,