[Gluster-devel] trash translator

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Tue Mar 20 21:39:18 UTC 2007

Hi Brent,
 I had done trash initially for fun, and few task was pending.
Now, as a first step for our fault tollerance release, AB asked
me to commit it. Current trash is functional (there is one TODO,
which i will be finishing soon and commit) and behaves as libtrash.
As that one task was pending.. i didn't update the option anywhere.

When a file is deleted it will be stored in the same path inside a
directory "/exported/path/.trash". Also when a file is renamed and
the destination file exists, it keeps the copy of it.

Its best performed when loaded on serverside. but behaves same from
client side too.

in the spec file, trash will look something like this. (no options
required for it as of now).

----
volume trashcan
 type features/trash