[Gluster-devel] memory leaks

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 9 21:34:52 UTC 2007

I followed the instructions on the download page and used tla to check out
"glusterfs--mainline--2.4".  I just checked to make sure it's still
up-to-date.

glusterfsd does indeed seem to have its leak plugged.  copies of /usr no
longer seem to affect its memory consumption, so it looks solid.
glusterfs still grows slowly and suspiciously, however.  I've not been
patient enough to see if it is ultimately fatal (and I also haven't tried
it again without statprefetch).

Read-ahead still seems to have a big leak somewhere. With 10GB dd reads,
it caused my glusterfsd (which was configured for read-ahead) to grow
slowly for a little while, until suddenly the growth became very rapid
(probably about the same as the data it was passing) and glusterfsd died
(just like before).

Thanks,

Brent