[Gluster-devel] memory leaks

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 8 23:56:28 UTC 2007

Cool; Amar was, of course, right about protocol/server needing to be the
last volume in the chain.  That's why I wasn't having any problems with
performance translators on the server; they just weren't being used.

Using stat-prefetch on the server seems easily fatal; just ls or du a
subdirectory and the glusterfsd processes die instantly.  I'm not sure if
stat-prefetch really makes sense on the server, anyway, though.  It seems
to work fine on the client.

Read-ahead does, of course, have the memory leak on server as well as
client.

I don't see any issues with write-ahead, and happily, io-threads seems to
work just fine on the server side.

Thanks,

Brent