[Gluster-devel] memory leaks

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 8 17:52:35 UTC 2007

In my setup, it appears that the performance translators are all
well-behaved on the server-side, unlike the client-side.  Hopefully, this
will provide some useful clues...

Chaining all the performance translators off of my protocol/server volume,
all the translators seem to load on glusterfsd and they don't appear to be
causing any harm.  data-only transfers don't trigger a huge memory leak in
readahead, and metadata transfers appear to cause a memory leak in
glusterfsd only at the usual rate (it grows slowly whether or not I use
performance translators). io-thread does not cause glusterfsd to
die.

Do I chain the performance translators for the server the same way as for
the client? E.g.:

volume server
   type protocol/server
   subvolumes share0 share1 share2 share3 share4 share5 share6 share7
share8 share9 share10 share11 share12 share13 share14 share15
end-volume

volume statprefetch
   type performance/stat-prefetch
   option cache-seconds 2
   subvolumes server
end-volume

volume writebehind
   type performance/write-behind
   option aggregate-size 131072 # in bytes
   subvolumes statprefetch
end-volume

volume readahead
   type performance/read-ahead
   option page-size 65536 ### in bytes
   option page-count 16 ### memory cache size is page-count x page-size per file#
   subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume iot
   type performance/io-threads