[Gluster-devel] Memory leak

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 7 22:55:26 UTC 2007

With no performance translators at all, I still get what appears to be
memory leakage, but this time when doing metadata-heavy tasks.  With
copies going of /usr to the GlusterFS, glusterfs slowly increases memory
consumption and glusterfsd consumes memory at a much more rapid pace (but
both are much slower than the glusterfs leakage reported earlier):

  3047 root      16   0  166m 165m  712 S   42  4.2  11:51.19 glusterfsd
  3068 root      15   0 25344  23m  748 S   36  0.6  11:23.24 glusterfs

Heavy data operations don't cause noticeable increases in memory
consumption of either process in this setup.

Thanks,

Brent