[Gluster-devel] Memory leak

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Tue Mar 6 23:34:09 UTC 2007

I can reproduce the memory leak in the glusterfs process even with just
two disks from two nodes unified (it doesn't just occur with mirroring or
striping), at least when all performance translators are used except for
io-threads (io-threads causes my dd writes to die right away).

I have 2 nodes, with glusterfs unifying one disk from each node.  Each
node is also a client.  I do a dd on each node, simultaneously, with no
problem:
node1: dd if=/dev/zero of=/phys/blah0 bs=10M count=1024
node2: dd if=/dev/zero of=/phys/blah1 bs=10M count=1024

When doing a read on each node simultaneously, however, things go along
for awhile, but then glusterfs starts consuming more and more memory until
it presumably runs out and ultimately dies or becomes useless.

Can anyone else confirm? And has anyone gotten io-threads to work at all?

These systems are running Ubuntu Edgy, with just the generic kernel and
Fuse 2.6.3 applied.

Thanks,

Brent