[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 17:15:47 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Avati,
> You are right. But for his requirement primary child (first child)
> can not be same for all the clients, i.e first child has to be local
> storage.
> Krishna

Yes.  It seems simple enough when you say the requirement if for a
webserver farm that has a common 'local' filesystem and gluster seems to
have the possibility of doing this but I cannot figure out how to make
it work.  We also need to have server.vol and client.vol that can be
rsync'ed to each node.  If we had 20 or more nodes that would be very
difficult if we had to support different client.vol for each node.

Regards,
Gerry