[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Mar 4 18:39:58 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Hi Gerry,
>
> If there are four machines: server1 server2 server3 server4
>
> server1 server spec file:
> volume brick
>     type storage/posix
>     option directory /var/www
> end-volume
>
> ### Add network serving capabilities to the "brick" volume
> volume server
>     type protocol/server
>     option transport-type tcp/server
>     option listen-port 6996
>     subvolumes brick
>     option auth.ip.brick.allow *
> end-volume
>
> server1 client spec file will be like this:
> volume client1
>     type storage/posix
>        option directory /var/www
> end-volume
>
> volume client2
>     type protocol/client
>     option transport-type tcp/client
>     option remote-host server2
>     option remote-port 6996
>     option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume client3
>     type protocol/client
>     option transport-type tcp/client
>     option remote-host server3
>     option remote-port 6996
>     option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume client4
>     type protocol/client
>     option transport-type tcp/client
>     option remote-host server4
>     option remote-port 6996
>     option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume afr
>     type cluster/afr
>     subvolumes client1 client2 client3 client4
>     option replicate *:4
> end-volume
>
> here all read() operations happen on client1 as it is mentioned
> first in the list of subvolumes. so it serves your purpose.
>
> Let us know if you need more help.

Hi Krishna,
  Ok if I understand this correctly are you saying that I only need the
server spec file on server1?  Or do I need one on all servers?
And I would need a slightly different client spec file on each client?
If so, is there a way to write the client spec file so that the same
client spec file could be copied to each node?

Regards,
Gerry