[Gluster-devel] Another feature request

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jun 28 12:00:43 UTC 2007

Me again :-(

While experimenting with additional translators like read-ahead and write-behind,
I found that each time I want to activate/deactivate a translator layer I have
to change the reference in the upper layer of the stack. This will sooner or
later result in typing errors, making the whole stack fail completely, or a
layer missed out because of an incorrect reference.
Would it be possible to flag a translator as INACTIVE (kind of hand-through)
or ACTIVE (this should be the default) while keeping the whole stack unchanged?
Probably this won't make it for 1.3.0 release...

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/