[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS core dump (v1.2.3)

Ian Grimstead I.J.Grimstead at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 16:19:05 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I get a (rather odd) repeatable bug; if I have a file with permissions
-rw-r--r-- (644), and edit it using "vi", I get:

E297: Write error in swap file
E207: Can't delete backup file
E138: Can't write viminfo file /home/scmijg/.viminfo!

Next thing you know, glusterfs has core dumped. I've run it in non-daemon
mode, and "DEBUG" level - no messages, apart from along the lines of "glibc
detected" and "free(): invalid next size (fast)"

I dropped the core into gdb, ran a backtrace and it listed
"unify_getxattr_cbk" in "unify.so" as the culprit. Looks like pointer
corruption?

The config is 4 hosts, all hosting their local HDs apart from 1 machine
which is hosting an external (USB) drive in addition. Everything running
RHEL, all machines AMD Opteron dual-core...

Anyone else had this trouble? Otherwise, with other access, Gluster seems
OK... Very odd. Say, using "vi" with a file permissions of "-rwxr-xr-x"
works fine...

Thanks for any help!

Ian