[Gluster-devel] [bug #20187] cluster/unify not giving consistent outputs

deedee INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Sat Jun 16 17:14:58 UTC 2007

                 Privacy: Private
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

For this test, I've setup a rr scheduler. It looks like from the FAQ that the
alu scheduler has more features and testing done to it. I've created a 250GB
data set on two servers. No replication yet. I'm using TCP/IP transport. I
create a few directories. I reboot one server. I removed one directory. I
reconnect the server.   I run ls over and over and over again, and notice
that the outputs are different. The general pattern is about every 4th ls I
run, I get a different output. I should get the exact output each time.

The scenario is that a server has gone down for a while, and then later
through the help of IT folks, a new box may or may not be built up. Any
*deletions* (Unify seems to handle additions OK, but it is unclear how
deletions or moves of files or directories are handled) should be properly
handled. The same box or a replacement box may come up. in the case of the
same box (maybe no replicas exist), the erasures states should be properly
propagated to the old box. In case there is replica data, this case should be
properly handled as well.

OS: Fedora 7

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20187>

  Message sent via/by Savannah