[Gluster-devel] Can someone show me server/client configs for this example

Krishna Srinivas krishna at zresearch.com
Wed Jun 6 05:54:38 UTC 2007

Hello Brandon,

On 6/6/07, Brandon Lamb <brandonlamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah ok.
>
> Well ok so what if i said *:3 with 3 servers, then would i not have to
> setup unify on top of afr? Im assuming if i have 3 servers and want 3
> copies it will work like it sounds?

In this case you don't need unify.

However if you have 3 servers and you want 2 copies of all files and
you want to distribute the load between the 3 servers then you need
to setup like this:

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Translators#AFR_Example_in_Clustered_Mode

So unify will take care of load distribution.

Krishna