[Gluster-devel] Question about disk space

Thierry EXCOFFIER exco at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Jun 5 08:11:25 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote :
> No, I think this might confuse the users.
> I think showing the info of the first server will be good because
> of the reasons mentioned by you in the previous mail. Lets see
> if we can come up with an ideal solution.

The important data for the user is the garanteed FREE space.
So it is possible to display:
	- disk size : minimum disk size of all the bricks.
	- free space : minimum free space of all the bricks.

In some case, when using disk space to store files,
the free space does not change (good news),
I think it is not a problem because it is yet a standard behaviour
in Unix files with holes.

My 2 cents.
Thierry Excoffier.
--
Thierry.EXCOFFIER@@liris.univ-lyon1.fr//   GO: Oriental Strategy Game
LIRIS/UFR Informatique, bat710       //DYLAN: Programming Language