[Gluster-devel] Is something like this planned?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:20:39 UTC 2007

Are there plans for a command to check the client config for AFR and
make sure you actually have the right amount of copies for whatever
the config specifies?

So if i say *:2 copies and on a 3 server cluster 1 goes down for a
day, now its likely i only have 1 copy of my files, when i bring back
the 3rd server i will probalby only have 1 copies of those original
files (in the case that the machine with the 2nd copy has its drive
die).

I guess it would be some kind of sync? I thought I read something like
that in a roadmap on the glusterfs.org wiki but I wasnt sure if thats
what it referred to or not.

Otherwise I guess today you would have to do an rsync when you brought
the downed server back into the cluster?