[Gluster-devel] Question about disk space

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Mon Jun 4 13:08:46 UTC 2007

Yep,
 i agree with krishna, AFR is not visible to usr. It should happen in
background, so why the user should be aware of all the 3 or 2 replicated
copies? For a user, if he writes 1MB, he wants to see 1MB as used space. So,
showing the sizeof the first server is better idea. (or even size of
smallest is good too).

-bulde

On 6/4/07, Krishna Srinivas <krishna at zresearch.com> wrote:

> On 6/4/07, Anand Avati <avati at zresearch.com> wrote:
> > (fwd'ing to gluster-devel)
> >

> > > Maybe it could give a sum-up of each "replica"-bricks ?
> >
> > this makes sense too, where you show the total storage as X, which
> > gets 'consumed' much faster (as in, when you add a 1MB file, 2 or 3 MB
> > gets counted for 'used' according to the replication count)
>
> No, I think this might confuse the users.
> I think showing the info of the first server will be good because
> of the reasons mentioned by you in the previous mail. Lets see
> if we can come up with an ideal solution.
>
> Krishna
>

> > any opinions?
> >

> > --
> > Anand V. Avati