[Gluster-devel] Best practices?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:29:35 UTC 2007

I was wondering if there was any input on best practices of setting up
a 2 or 3 server cluster.

My question has to do with where to run glusterfsd (server) and where
to run glusterfs (mounting as a client).

Should I keep the servers that are actually handling the drives and
exporting the glusterfs ONLY act as servers?

ie should i run glusterfsd on 2 or 3 servers and then need another 1+
client machines that mount?

Or can I safely have the server and client running on the same machines?

does that make sense? not sure how else to ask it haha