[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example

Matt Paine matt at mattsoftware.com
Tue Jul 31 03:37:15 UTC 2007

> Is that supported? I was trying to do something similiar earlier, but
> was told that
> AFR is under(is a subvolume of) unify since I was having too many
> problems. Can I create
> a couple unifies, and then have both U1 and U2 as subvolumes of AFR? If
> so, let me
> know, and I can test it.

The beuaty about Gluster is you can try any configuration you like and
see if it suites your purpose. Give it a go and see how it reacts. I
cant see any issues with doing this, but an actual developer would be
better at saying definitivly yes or no. Give it a go and let us know
your experiences.

> Can I do something like the following?
> BrickS1-1
> BrickS1-2
> Unify US1
>   subvolumes S1-1,S1-2
> BrickS2-1
> BrickS2-2
> Unify US2
>   subvolumes S2-1,S2-2
> AFR
>  subvolumes US1, US2
>  replicate *:2

Thats how I would do it. But give it a go and see if it works for yourself.

The fantastic thing about the modularity and flexability of the xlators
is that it can be used in combinations that even the developers didn't
imagine.

Matt.