[Gluster-devel] Procedures to decommision a brick?

DeeDee Park deedee6905 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:04:29 UTC 2007

If I am not using AFR, and I've decided to no longer use a server brick.
I will loose those files that are in that server brick. With the new
namespace
architecture, what is the proper way to remove the brick from service
and migrate the files to other existing bricks?

If I remove the brick from the client config, the files are still listed in
the namespace
brick, but are no longer accessible. I assume I'll have some problems if I
just copy
over from the old brick back into the client since those file suposedly
exist according
to the namespace brick. -- or is that the right thing to do?

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1