[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3 mainlin 2.5-patch-317 crashes when second afr-node goes down

Urban Loesch ul at enas.net
Wed Jul 18 15:35:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I checked out the latest source and compiled it with debian testing.
I tried the setup with 2 Servers as described on
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_High_Availability_Storage_with_GlusterFS

(thanks to Paul England).

Attached you can find server and client configuration.
- I use 3 Servers with debian testing installed
- fuse version:
ii  fuse-utils               2.6.5-1                         Filesystem
in USErspace (utilities)
ii  libfuse-dev              2.6.5-1                         Filesystem
in USErspace (development files)
ii  libfuse2                 2.6.5-1                         Filesystem
in USErspace library
fuse init (API version 7.8)
- 2 servers for Storage
- 1 server as a client

Everything works until I shutdown the second storage server, and try to
write a file or do some ls on the client the "glusterfd" on server one
will crash and the client gives me the error message:

ls: /mnt/gluster/data1/: Transport endpoint is not connected
ls: /mnt/gluster/data1/: Transport endpoint is not connected

The log from server 1 is attached (error-server1.txt)

Have you any idea where the error could be?
If you need further information please let me know.

Thanks and regards
Urban Loesch