[Gluster-devel] ls: .: no such file or directory

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:29:47 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, DeeDee Park <deedee6905 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> if all the bricks are not up at the time of the gluster client startup
> i get the above error message. if all bricks are up, things are fine.
> if the brick goes down after a client is up, things are fine -- it is only
> at startup.
> i'm still seeing this in the latest patch-299

I was able to reproduce the problem here.

I will have the error message if, and only if, the namespace cache brick is
offline. I have the error even if the directory is full of files. If I try
to open() a file while the namespace cache brick is down I get the
"Transport endpoint is not connected" error.

Also with patch-299.

Client spec file:volume client-1
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client