[Gluster-devel] Which mainline to use

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:40:52 UTC 2007

Hi Sebastien,

On 7/5/07, Sebastien LELIEVRE <slelievre at tbs-internet.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Do you have some particular procedures that are failing at the moment in
> your environnement ? Which ones are they ?

My main GlusterFS use is e-mail hosting. I have a cluster of servers that
will have to handle a lot of e-mail. Right now I won't use AFR because if I
delete a file while one of the bricks is down them, when that brick gets
back, the file also returns. So, if somebody check his e-mail while one of
the bricks in having maintenance, them later he'll receive the same e-mails
again.
That's the only problem right now.
I'll also do web hosting, but I'll use AFR with it because file deletion is
not so common.
There is also a parallel database project I'll work on, but this will go to
production only in 3 to 4 months. Most likely I'll also use AFR with it, as
long as the undeletion problem is solved.

Regards,

Best,
Daniel