[Gluster-devel] Which mainline to use

Hans Einar Gautun einar.gautun at statkart.no
Thu Jul 5 15:09:30 UTC 2007

Daniel,

I'm going to use glusterfs in a geodetic computing system. That gives
much io, and also applications running glusterfs mounts. We have been
using NFS, but it is slow and bad on big file trees, consuming much
load, and bad scalability. Not recommended.

Now i partly use glusterfs 1.2.3, having just a problem with too many
open files. I also want network mirroring, and will maybe try Gluster
+HeartBeat+DRBD with unify, just pairing the discs with DRBD, and unify
on top of that.

Best
Einar