[Gluster-devel] Re: NFS reexport

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 4 15:06:09 UTC 2007

Your write fix works! I can copy a local /usr to the NFS reexported
GlusterFS, and it copies correctly (verified with an rsync).

However, I still get flaky reads.  Input/output errors occur while
copying from the reexport back to it, resulting in a partial copy.  Also,
"du" on a complex directory within the reexport will come up with
substantially different values everytime it's run.  Reads seem to have a
very lossy view of the filesystem...

So, there's still a bug in there somewhere.

My GlusterFS is a unified set of AFRs, with readahead and writebehind.  I
tried without readahead, but the problem still occurs.  For convenience,
my NFS client is also my NFS server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brent