[Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-267: rm -rf signal 11

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Jul 4 12:53:01 UTC 2007

Gerry,
 just to know more, were the files which were getting deleted while the
segfault happened, created VIA the AFR translator or, either copied directly
to backend or created when you mounted glusterfs with -n ? This information
can help us corner if the bug is with self-heal or not.

thanks,
avati

2007/7/4, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:

> Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> > Gerry,
> >
> > I am trying to reproduce the prolem here. Can you give me
> > any clues? what were you trying to do? was it a plain "rm -rf"
> > or were you doing simultaneous rm -rf from the same
> > mount point?
> >
> > I am assuming that your setup is an afr connected to four
> > protocol/client.
> > Correct me if I am wrong.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Krishna
> >
> Krishna,
>   I am using the same spec files that I sent to you previously only
> without '-n'.  The 'rm -rf' test that was running was to delete various
> segments of the /usr tree that I had copied over to the cluster.  The
> 'cp -ax' went fine, I did a lot of 'mv' commands and 'du' command
> variations without problem.  Then I started to 'rm -rf' various branches
> of the tree.  It was on the last branch 'lib' when the failure
> occurred.  I was 'cd' into /mnt/glusterfs3/usr and the command was 'rm
> -rf lib'.  The branch was 1.6G in size at the start.  At the time of the
> failure it had only removed about 200K of the branch and that's all the
> information I have.  Everything else you already have, the console
> output, the core dump, the log and the spec files.
>
> Regards,
> Gerry

Anand V. Avati