[Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-258: still no AFR replication

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 18:35:18 UTC 2007

Hi Amar,
  Everyone is pulling for GlusterFS.  Just so you know.  :-)  And I
understand how difficult it is from the developers point of view.  I've
managed huge offshore engagements of hundreds of developers in India,
China and elsewhere so I'm very familiar with the nature of what is
going on in the teams.  I can see that the GlusterFS team is working
extremely hard to bring the 1.3 release to full production quality.  And
as part of the user community on this, we are just as dedicated to
trying to help test the release.  I'm sorry if our issue with AFR not
replicating has caused some concern but it was difficult to understand
what was preventing AFR from working.  I'm just glad that Krishna was
able to pinpoint the area of the AFR problem that was occuring for us.
Now hopefully this discovery can be documented and any adjustments made
because of it.  So now we are ready to continue testing - without '-n'
of course. :-)

Regards,
Gerry