[Gluster-devel] Fwd: Gerry Reno .vol files and scripts

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 16:28:20 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Maybe this piece of information will benifit others too, in case you
> are confused about using -n option during glusterfs mount.

Krishna,
  For the sake of completeness I'm also going to post my response to the
above:

Krishna,
 Now that you show this it makes some sense.  But to just see options to
glusterfs which says use '-n' to select which volume, well that does not
say anything to me about the fact that this breaks AFR.  You are so
close to the code that for you this is obvious but for those not close
to the code this is not obvious.  And if there is some type of
incompatibility between '-n' and AFR then this needs to be documented
and also warning messages need to be present during it's use.

Gerry