[Gluster-devel] Files erased while one brick was down in AFR returns from the afterlife

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Jul 2 21:12:13 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote:

> Can you point out faults more clearly? If something is not working the
> way
> it is expected, it should be fixed.
>
> Krishna
Krishna,
  Take a look at some of my recent postings.  In there are to .vol files
and you can see what the mount points are.  I did this all on the same
host with different ports but it shouldn't matter.  Basically it is four
bricks and I have four clients runnings.  In pre3 when I would add a
file in one client it would appear to all the other clients, and when I
would delete a file in one client it would disappear to all the other
clients.  The same thing for file changes.   Now in pre5 none of this is
happening.  I add a file in one client and it only goes on one brick.  I
delete a file and it is only deleted on one brick.  I change a file and
the change is only on one brick.  It is like there is no AFR at all.  If
you could look at the .vol files maybe you will find some error.  But I
have gone over them many times and they were working fine in pre3.
Please try to duplicate my setup and see if you find the same issues.

Gerry