[Gluster-devel] ACL-related glitch in latest TLAs?

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Sun Jul 1 09:43:46 UTC 2007

When doing a cp -a from a directory in a glusterfs to a different
directory of the same glusterfs, I get messages such as the following
(presumably for every file copied):

cp: `usr/include/linux/atmppp.h': Invalid argument
cp: preserving ACL for `usr0/include/linux/atmppp.h': Invalid argument

This did not occur when copying the original directory from a local ext3
to the glusterfs.

Is GlusterFS claiming to have ACL support when it doesn't? Or does it now
have some support, and I should mount the underlying ext3 volumes with the
acl option? Or...?

Thanks,

Brent