[Gluster-devel] how to setup write-behind read-ahead io-threads

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Feb 19 18:43:32 UTC 2007

Jeff,
please find sample client and server specs below

avati

########## /etc/glusterfs-server.vol my server config file..
volume posix
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /export/home/glusterfs        # Export this directory
  option debug on
end-volume

volume brick
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  option queue-limit 1024
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above brick.
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option listen-port 6996              # Default is 6996
  subvolumes brick
  option auth.ip.brick.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

######## /etc/glusterfs-client.vol  my client config file.
volume client0
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.1.106
  option remote-port 6996
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.1.103
  option remote-port 6996
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume bricks
  type cluster/unify
  subvolumes client0 client1
  option debug on
  option scheduler rr
end-volume

volume writebehind
  type performance/write-behind
  option aggregate-size 131072 # aggregate block size in bytes
  subvolumes  bricks
end-volume

volume readahead
  type performance/read-ahead
  option page-size 131072
  option page-count 16
  subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume statprefetch
  type performance/stat-prefetch
  subvolumes readahead
end-volume

--
Shaw's Principle:
        Build a system that even a fool can use,