[Gluster-devel] AFR

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Sat Feb 17 04:42:38 UTC 2007

Actually GlusterFS can be configured by volume spec files. It doesn't have
any hardcoded values. So, it all depends on how you write your spec file.

Say you export 3 harddisk partition from a single machine, make sure you don't
have the same volumes as your child node for AFR. (Finding it weird? i
strongly suggest you to understand our translator/spec file design).

Dale,
 the information about where the file replica is there is known by spec file
(the order of subvolumes, as of now). with the introduction of namespace it
should not be a problem.

- bulde