[Gluster-devel] Re: GlusterFS debian Package and Changes.

Harshavardhana harsha at zresearch.com
Thu Feb 15 06:51:21 UTC 2007

Hi ab,
     Ah ok didn't saw that one coming thanks. But i have some more queries
if you think of having a debian package then the configuration
maintainence scripts are needed or something like that.
My idea was to understand what  FHS (Filesystem Hierarchical Section) of
debain policy meants to say for this. They assume that we should not use
/usr/etc even if we use it this should be a symbolic link to /etc (:O) .
And also the files should be marked as configuration files. I didn't
understand that concept why do a package manager has to do with the custom
binary configuration files.
That's why i considered moving glusterfs/doc/examples directory to
/usr/share/glusterfs/examples .
Regards
-Harshavardhana

--
Harshavardhana
"Software gets slower faster as Hardware gets faster"