[Gluster-devel] Re: Help me make a configuration file

Jerker Nyberg jerker at Update.UU.SE
Tue Dec 11 07:48:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Tsukasa Morii wrote:

> In other words, I don't want a file under one unified volume to be
> copied among four servers from the standpoint of network bandwidth,
> but I need the minimum redundancy that sytem still works when one of
> four servers stops, but donesn't work in case that two of four servers
> fails.

Is it good enough if you on the clients Unify or Stripe over two AFRs?
Just like RAID10.

Create AFR_A from SERVER_1 and SERVER_2.
Create AFR_B from SERVER_3 and SERVER_4.
Unify or Stripe AFR_A and AFR_B together.

Regards,
Jerker Nyberg.