[Gluster-devel] Mounting multiple volume names from the same fstab

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Dec 10 16:13:24 UTC 2007

Actually I did rename it to "volume=". I havn't yet given a lot of thought
towards the fstab options. But since the topic is on, I am thinking of
volume-name is what it should be.. there are more stuff which can be put
into the options of fstab, like disabling direct-io enabled mount. for now
let's keep it as "volume=".

thanks,
avati

2007/12/10, Matthias Saou <
thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>:

> Anand Avati wrote :
>
> > Nice!, enhancing the mount script has been in the task list for a while
> but
> > just hasn't got priority yet :| I have committed your patch to the TLA
> > repository.
>
> FWIW, you might want to double check my change for consistency,
> especially if the plan is to include more glusterfs client options as
> fstab options : I used vol= for the -n / --volume-name parameter... so
> as such, it would make more sense for the option to be named
> volume-name= ... it just seemed a bit too long for me, but wasn't
> necessarily a wise choice ;-)
>
> I think the best would be to have all options keep the exact same long
> command-line name, or short name... or even both. Example :
>
> volume-name=foo,port=12345,log-level=DEBUG
>
> - or -
>
> n=foo,p=12345,l=DEBUG
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Matthias
>
> --
> Clean custom Red Hat Linux rpm packages : http://freshrpms.net/
> Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux kernel 2.6.23.8-63.fc8
> Load : 0.14 0.31 0.31

It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law.

-- Hofstadter's Law