[Gluster-devel] mmap not working

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Mon Dec 10 10:09:29 UTC 2007

I haven't tested this with tcp yet either, but I'm pretty sure it's fuse
that's preventing mmap from working fully.
I've turned direct-io off, but mmap functions still throw errors. I did
attempt to side-step the problem by creating a loop device and mounting
it but that didn't work for the same reasons.

It's my understanding that fuse doesn't support mmap writing fully.
There is a questionable patch out there:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-fsdevel/2007/11/15/417491

Is this something that's worth trying add to the  patched glusterfs fuse
module? I was going to take a stab at it but wanted a second opinion
because my C skills are now half a decade rusty.

Thanks!