[Gluster-devel] client init script

Jeff Humes jeff at bofus.org
Sun Dec 9 05:02:49 UTC 2007

I had a need to have a client init script on my CentOS 4.5 servers that
could mount gluster filesystems at boot time.

It is currently only tested on my CentOS servers, and has no guarantees
attached :)
It mounts several glusterfs filesystems at boot time, and unmounts them
at shutdown/reboot (unknown if unmounting is really necessary, but I put
it in anyway).
It currently uses a configuration file that holds arguments for:
- log location
- log level
- configuration file full path
- mount point

It checks to see if the filesystem(s) is/are already mounted before
attempting to mount them or unmount them.

If anyone is interested I can send the script (script includes
configuration file example inline).

Just wanted to throw it out there.

-JPH