[Gluster-devel] MIRROR translator, and other questions

DeeDee Park deedee6905 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:15:14 UTC 2007

I saw something that looked liked a mirror translator in the Z Research presentation on the wiki,
but could not find any other information. Is there such a thing now and if so, could someone
send me a pointer to more info.

How does one find out what version of a file exists to make sure the replica copy is the latest?

This is the scenario I would like to test:
    There are two bricks, A and B
    Brick B goes down.
    Copy A on Brick A is updated
    Brick A goes down
    Brick B comes up
    Copy B on Brick B is updated.

Is there a way to specify AFR for whole directories instead of just file types eg /SOFTWARE and /LOGS
instead of *.exe:2 and *.logs:2

What is the best way to account for equipment of different performance levels when using AFR. I've got some IDE
and SATA-II drives. So far what I see is that if I use AFR, my best performance is the slowest device.