[Gluster-devel] Loop mounting

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Thu Aug 23 08:06:20 UTC 2007

Hi,
 Just noticed that the problem was actually due to one of the enhancement we
made in recent patches. But if one wants to loop mount over glusterfs, then
they can use the following command line argument.

' glusterfs -f <spec> -d disable </mount/point>'

Note the '-d disable' option. This option disables the direct-io flag for
the open file, which fixes the problem.

-amar

On 8/22/07, Michael Fincham <michael at unleash.co.nz> wrote:

> Disregard this. Apologies for flooding but SSHFS mounted via FUSE on the
> same kernel allows read/write mounting of loopback images.
>
> -Michael
>
> On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 10:03 +1200, Michael Fincham wrote:
> > It may yet be a kernel issue. Will test further and advise.
> >
> > -Michael
> >
> > On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 09:50 +1200, Michael Fincham wrote:
> > > Hi Avati, list,
> > >
> > > I've done a bit more testing with some other FUSE filesystems
> (fusesmb,
> > > mountlo) and they both support loop-mounting read/write, so I think we
> > > can rule out it being a FUSE problem.
> > >
> > > Any further ideas?
> > >
> > > -Michael

> in