[Gluster-devel] Some FAQs ...

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Apr 26 08:07:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 12:10:59PM -0400, Brent A Nelson wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Anand Avati wrote:
> >http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20070418.192436.787e9c06.en.html

This is a wishlist bug - does "ITP" mean "intend to port" or "invitation
to port" ? Meaning, will the person who filed the bug work on porting?

> I would just like to point out that it is extremely easy to create your
> own .deb using checkinstall instead of "make install".  That's what I've
> done with all my GlusterFS compiles.

Want to share your debian/ tree?

> Of course, it would be great if GlusterFS was in the Debian and Ubuntu
> repositories, waiting for people to stumble across it...

Sure... GlusterFS is so hot (in terms of life cycle, features and performance)
it would be a waste if nobody noticed...

Steffen