[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS /home and KDE

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:43:37 UTC 2007

I've already described some issues with subj, concerning failure creating
lock files on KDE startup (
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2007-03/msg00136.html ).
As a workaround I've created symlink /home/user/.kde/share to local volume,
and it works somehow... I use unify translator.

But recently I've got another problem with KDE when updated to patch-114.
KDE doesn't start again, waiting forever for something. There is "dcopserver
<defunct>" in process list, which waits for "read(3,...)" (as shown by
strace). I don't know how to find out which file it wants to create and
read. Which process should I attach with strace? DEBUG log from glusterfs
and glusterfd doesn't show anything about file access...
I've tried to revert GlusterFS source to some previous working for me state.
I've found out yet, that with patch-92 the problem is still there, and with
release pre2.3 it is not. For testing purposes I've disabled any performance
translators...

WBR,
  Andrey

PS: I'm curios what is the simplest way to downgrade source tree to previous
version using tla? "tla update" seems not working...