[Gluster-devel] Too many open files

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 11 19:32:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Krishna Srinivas wrote:

> Hi Brent,
>
> I tried to reproduce again but was not successful. I am not using
> unify. Can you give me your spec files again? Just so that I dont
> miss anything.

Will do.

> Also can you tell me what all you did to see the
> problem? Any other info that might be useful to me to reproduce?

I haven't really done anything; I suspect one of the system cron jobs
exercises the filesystem (maybe the one that populates the location
database) and ultimately clogs the glusterfsd with file descriptors. My
GlusterFS never seems to survive the night and seems fine during the day.
I'll try going through the cron jobs and see if I can trigger it.

> Also regarding write-behind+mtime bug, can you check out the
> latest code and see if rsync or "cp -a" still sees the problem?
> Avati made has some changes.

I tried the latest code, but both glusterfsd processes die the instant you
try to do anything after connecting a client (ls or df will kill server
processes).

Thanks,

Brent