[Gluster-devel] Questions

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:38:38 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Anand Babu Periasamy <ab at gnu.org.in> wrote:

> Daniel van Ham Colchete writes:
>
> > Anand,
> >
> > I also agree completely with Gerry. I'll start using GlusterFS in
> > production for a mail server farm soon and this hot-add/remove is
> > desirable as long as it doesn't delay the first production ready
> > GlusterFS version. The self-healing is also a must have. I can't
> > wait to see the 1.4 version ready.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Daniel Colchete
>
> What mail server are you using?
> NFS is notorious in handling email directories. GlusterFS hopefully
> should a good job for you.
>
> Already updated the road map!
>
> --
> Anand Babu

I'm using Postfix within a Gentoo Linux cluster and my e-mail files are
stored in a Maildir. And that's why I can't use Lustre: it needs a metadata
server and every file on the storage means another one in the MDS. So, if I
have many millions of small files them Lustre is not a very good option and
GlusterFS is just perfect.

Best regards,
Daniel Colchete