[Gluster-devel] Too many open files

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 4 18:26:47 UTC 2007

I already looked there, and my file-nr allocated is much lower than
file-max.  It might be hitting some other limit, perhaps even a limit
imposed by the bash that started glusterfsd.  Still it really seems like
there shouldn't be so many allocated file descriptors lying around (no
files should currently be open, and rsync wouldn't have left large numbers
open at the same time, I assume), so I think it's a bug where GlusterFS is
not closing all the file descriptors it opens or allocates.

Thanks,

Brent