[Gluster-devel] GlusterHPC and EP objectives

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Fri Jun 30 04:52:06 UTC 2006

Susumu,
You have got the correct top level idea. Though glusterhpc can do a few
more things.

It can not only replicate master node to all slaves, but it can also
pick one of the client nodes as the image source too.

It not only replicates the  system image, but also installes a bunch of
HPC apps extra (like mpich, lam, slurm etc) which you can chose during
installation and pre-configures them for straight away use.

For glusterEP, your understanding is correct. What is more is, since we
have authentication/encrypted transfer, it can also be used for
corporate backup where users can capture their system state safely in
the master node and others cannot access it without password.

We also add more advanced features like per-user quota and suppport for
Microsoft Windows in the coming releases of GlusterEP

regards,
avati