avati at hardcodecafe.com
Thu Sep 29 06:45:14 UTC 2005
Gluster 0.1.0-alpha3 is now available at
Highlights over 0.1.0-alpha2
* gluster libs entered stage3.
* stage3 probe over cdrom and file system path support
* stage2 contains lot more necessary packages now -
- atftp/d [for bootp of clients, should move to stage3]
- curl [for http/https/ftp/ftps downloads]
- dhcp [client and server, needed for stage3 config]
- file [needed for extract.sh kind of scripts]
- findutils [general scripting aid]
- gawk [general scripting aid]
- grep [general scripting aid]
- gzip [package extraction, multipurpose]
- iproute2 [networking configuration]
- openssh [scripting level IPC with slave nodes, multipurpose]
- openssl [needed by openssh]
- pcre [needed by atftp/d]
- reiserfsprogs [for mkreiserfs etc, probably move to stage3]
- sed [general scripting aid]
- sysvinit [better alternative than busybox init]
- tar [package extractiong, multipurpose]
- util-linux [many handy tools]
- wget [for http/https/ftp downloads]
- zlib [needed by one of the above, dont remember which :)]
The busybox counterparts of the newly added stuff has been disabled.
* GRUB is now the boot loader instead of isolinux.
* network configuration support enabled in live master node.
* source layout modified to ease migration to cvs.
* hotplug enabled in bootup scripts, disabling some annoying modules.
* build procedure reworked for building master/slave images.
* simple package manager to handle core stage3 extension.
soon to come:
* stage3 extension to boot slave nodes
* Package python object as a package manager for new extensions
Anand V. Avati
finger avati at hardcodecafe.com
More information about the Gluster-devel