[automated-testing] What is the current state of the Glusto test framework in upstream?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Mar 31 12:59:50 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:14 PM Jonathan Holloway <jholloway at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:08 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
> sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:03 PM Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > I'm* still trying to get it running properly on my simple
>> Vagrant+Ansible setup[1].
>> > Right now I'm installing Gluster + Glusto + creating bricks, pool and a
>> volume in ~3m on my latop.
>> >

>> This is good. I think my original question was to the maintainer(s) of
>> Glusto along with the individuals involved in the automated testing
>> part of Gluster to understand the challenges in deploying this for the
>> project.
>>
>> > Once I do get it fully working, we'll get to make it work faster, clean
>> it up and and see how can we get code coverage.
>> >
>> > Unless there's an alternative to the whole framework that I'm not aware
>> of?
>>
>> I haven't read anything to this effect on any list.
>>

> This is cool. I haven't had a chance to give it a run on my laptop, but it
> looked good.
> Are you running into issues with Glusto, glusterlibs, and/or Glusto-tests?

All of the above.
- The client consumes at times 100% CPU, not sure why.
- There are missing deps which I'm reverse engineering from Gluster CI
(which by itself has some strange deps - why do we need python-docx ?)
- I'm failing with the cvt test, with
test_shrinking_volume_when_io_in_progress with the error:
AssertionError: IO failed on some of the clients

I had hoped it could give me a bit more hint:
- which clients? (I happen to have one, so that's easy)
- What IO workload?
- What error?

- I hope there's a mode that does NOT perform cleanup/teardown, so it's
easier to look at the issue at hand.

- From glustomain.log, I can see:
2019-03-31 12:56:00,627 INFO (validate_io_procs) Validating IO on
192.168.250.10:/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs
2019-03-31 12:56:00,627 INFO (_log_results) ESC[34;1mRETCODE (
root at 192.168.250.10): 1ESC[0m
2019-03-31 12:56:00,628 INFO (_log_results) ESC[47;30;1mSTDOUT (
root at 192.168.250.10)...
Starting File/Dir Ops: 12:55:27:PM:Mar_31_2019
Unable to create dir '/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6' :
Invalid argument
Unable to create dir '/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6/dir0'
: Invalid argument
Unable to create dir
'/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6/dir0/dir0' : Invalid
argument
Unable to create dir
'/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6/dir0/dir1' : Invalid
argument
Unable to create dir '/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6/dir1'
: Invalid argument
Unable to create dir
'/mnt/testvol_distributed-replicated_cifs/user6/dir1/dir0' : Invalid
argument

I'm right now assuming something's wrong on my setup. Unclear what, yet.

> I was using the glusto-tests container to run tests locally and for BVT in
> the lab.
> I was running against lab VMs, so looking forward to giving the vagrant
> piece a go.
>
> By upstream service are we talking about the Jenkins in the CentOS
> environment, etc?

Yes.
Y.

@Vijay Bhaskar Reddy Avuthu <vavuthu at redhat.com> @Akarsha Rai