[automated-testing] CentOS-CI not pulling latest patches committed to glusto resulting in build failure

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 03:45:24 UTC 2019

Hi Kshithij,

Let me restate the problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong. You have two
patches[1], [2] that are not passing Centos CI at the moment. Both your
patches are failing because you do not have Nag's fixes for peer detach[3].
It's not the CI's job to rebase your patch. You have to rebase your patch.
You can either do that manually with the git cli or you can use the rebase
button on Gerrit.

To verify it has worked correctly, after you rebase, look for the
"Parent(s)" line on Gerrit, click on "(cgit)" after the commit hash, which
will take you to the parent for your change. Make sure your parent is newer
than Nag's fix. Then retrigger Centos-CI and it should run with your fixes.

This is a mailing list. Please subscribe to the list on lists.gluster.org
before sending an email or you will be stuck in moderation.

[1]: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusto-tests/+/21862/
[2]: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusto-tests/+/21932/
[3]: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusto-tests/+/21983/

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM Kshithij Iyer <kiyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been trying to verify 2 of my patches through CentOS-CI and have
> faced issues where CentOS-CI is not being able to fetch the latest patches
> committed to glusto. The patch went in peer_detach() so all the testcases
> which use them might fail to verify. Have attached the links to the logs
> below. Please have a look at it.
>
> [ 1 ]
> https://ci.centos.org/job/gluster_glusto-patch-check/1055/artifact/glustomain.log
> [ 2 ]